Tuesday, January 22, 2013

LaLaLoopsy Cake "Suzette La Sweet"


 Here I am to  talk a little bit about my latest cake: a Stand up Lalaloopsy Cake, and yes she is cake, and yes she is all sugar, and yes she is edible !!! And  yes I feel so proud of this 4 days job that  I had the chance to accomplish to celebrate my favorite girl ever: My Sweet Daniela (My friend's Daughter) who is as sweet as this cake, who is in love with my youngest son (giggling), who loves The Muppets show, who loves dancing like  Shakira, and who is a girl who refuses to get rid of her Cinderella Dress (she has it since she was 2) She is such a sweet heart. 





    I had a great time at the party, talking about the cake, being freak out thinking the cake would not hold the big head, keeping all  the dancing girls away from the cake table and telling my son to move somewhere else to play with his ball !!!! At least my friend handle me a glass of nice girly wine, and I felt somehow relaxed after all that good wine LOL, and after realizing the cake was perfectly fine, even after 4 hours party, I relaxed and I can say not even a single bit of the cake, moved!!! That is actually the part that really makes me proud; building up a cake is just one part, decorate it  beautifully  is another one, but keep it on its place  all through the party... that is another ONE story!!!




    Since I saw Lalaloopsy's Doll two years ago, i can say I felt in love with anything Lalaloopsy and "Suzette La Sweet" is the ultimate cutie doll ever. Since I love everything Marie Antoinette, and my friend's daughter loves Lalaloopsy and princess, well definitely making this cake fitted perfectly for the party.  I found many beautiful Lalaloopsy's cakes online: some with nice toppers, cut outs, bottoms, patches etc. There is even a beautiful also amazing Lalaloopsy cake from Verusca Walker which I must say gave me all the inspiration and courage to try to make this one. But I wanted it  stand up!!! I love how this sweet doll looks when stands up, those skinny legs holding that head...!!! she looks extremely cute and I love how she is always pointing her feet like if they are kissing each other!!! goshhhhh she is cute!!! 


Many of You wonder How did I make it, Well it is a long process that took me many hours of trial and error. It is funny but few weeks after I killed my brain wondering how to get this cake done, the master of Cake structures, Mike McCarey, launched one of the best classes I have had the chance to follow at Craftsy  , you can easily follow this class  here, by signing up and enjoying the wonderful classes they offer to you









   I must say that even the cake stayed perfectly fine for more than 4 hours,  I breathed relieved once I had the chance to cut and serve the cake. I was way funny to hear all the little girls at the party screaming every time I took a piece out of the cake: one arm: awwww!!!! second arm: Awwwwww! Head: Awwwww! Body: AWWWWWWWW. Best part of the evening!!! LOL  And as Marie Antoinette final fate, This Suzette La Sweet  also lost her head, and We also ate her body... LOL
 

Big Cake Hugs, Joly.

4 comments:

  1. How do you make that cake stand? Gosh, it must be such a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love a mini tutorial on this cake - is the head cake or foam? and I am wondering if you popped skewers in the legs to give them stability? I have a special 3yr old grandie who would love this cake for her upcoming birthday. From across the big pond, many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tutorial, pleaseeeeeeee! this cake is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete